Liberty Textbooks

Welcome to Liberty Textbooks! We have millions books to read online and download in PDF, EPUB format. Discover millions of free books including new releases and the best book collection. Sign up for free today and start reading and download instantly!

Introductory Econometrics

by Jeffrey Zax
Introductory Econometrics
Buy at Amazon or Register For Free Download

Only registered user can read or download Introductory Econometrics book. Please register to get access to this book, don't worry this is free.

Reader Ratings & Reviews

5 star:
(178)
4 star:
(48)
3 star:
(14)
2 star:
(0)
1 star:
(0)
Average Rating (9.4 / 10)
(240 Reviews)

Other Suggested Books

Book Description

Introductory Econometrics: Intuition, Proof, and Practice attempts to distill econometrics into a form that preserves its essence, but that is acceptable—and even appealing—to the student's intellectual palate. This book insists on rigor when it is essential, but it emphasizes intuition and seizes upon entertainment wherever possible.

Introductory Econometrics is motivated by three beliefs. First, students are, perhaps despite themselves, interested in questions that only econometrics can answer. Second, through these answers, they can come to understand, appreciate, and even enjoy the enterprise of econometrics. Third, this text, which presents select innovations in presentation and practice, can provoke readers' interest and encourage the responsible and insightful application of econometric techniques.

In particular, author Jeffrey S. Zax gives readers many opportunities to practice proofs—which are challenging, but which he has found to improve student comprehension. Learning from proofs gives readers an organic understanding of the message behind the numbers, a message that will benefit them as they come across statistics in their daily lives.

An ideal core text for foundational econometrics courses, this book is appropriate for any student with a solid understanding of basic algebra—and a willingness to use that tool to investigate complicated issues.

Related Book

Stated Choice Methods
Stated Choice Methods
Mostly Harmless Econometrics
Mostly Harmless Econometrics
Econometric Modeling
Econometric Modeling
Applied Choice Analysis
Applied Choice Analysis
Regression Analysis of Count Data
Regression Analysis of Count Data
Introductory Econometrics
Introductory Econometrics
Households as Corporate Firms
Households as Corporate Firms
An Introduction to State Space Time Series Analysis
Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance
The Econometric Modelling of Financial Time Series